About Go Daddy
GoDaddy Inc. was established in 1997 by Bob Parsons in Scottsdale, Arizona, USA. What started as a modest domain name provider has now risen to the position of world’s biggest ICANN-accredited registrar. According to their website, GoDaddy manages a whopping 26 million domain names today. Aside from being a registrar, they also provide good, cost-effective hosting solutions to webmasters. In regards to their tremendous success, they’ve said that it was achieved “by providing innovative, competitively-priced products, delivering the highest quality customer service, and by always appreciating and listening to its [GoDaddy’s] customers!”
Plans and Features
GoDaddy essentially provides three hosting plans, the Economy, the Deluxe and the Premium across either a Windows or Linux platform which you specify beforehand. (For Joomla go with the Linux option)
- Economy Plan: costing an insane $4.99 per month (with no long-term contract conditions) comes with 10GB of storage and Unlimited of monthly bandwidth. This plan also gives you 25 sub-domains and the ability to point up to 25 external domain names to your website. Up to 100 email accounts are also allotted to you. If a Windows interface is selected, you get 1 FTP account, MS Access, 1 MS SQL and 10 MySQL databases, and support for such languages as ColdFusion and ASP (with ASP .NET and AJAX). On the Linux side, you get 11 FTP accounts, 10 MySQL databases, and support for PHP.
- Deluxe Plan, providing great value at $7.99 per month comes with all the features of the economy plan but adds a lot more volume. Disk space is bumped up to 150GB and monthly data transfer to Unlimited. You can have up to 500 email accounts; plus, you can host unlimited websites, sub-domains and external domain pointers on your account. Linux will give you 25 MySQL DBs and support for Java, Ruby On Rails , Python and Perl.
- Ultimate plan which steps the game up even further. It brings Unlimited of storage with Unlimited of monthly data transfer. Email accounts number at 1000 and you get a free SSL certificate which would otherwise cost $14.99 per year.
All plans give you special access to GoDaddy’s Hosting Connection.
GoDaddy has its own homegrown Control Panel which you’ll find quite intuitive. This panel can not only help manage your website but also your entire account at GoDaddy. From in here, you can access Hosting Connection, check and configure email, databases, files, and even install numerous applications that come free with your hosting package.
Joomla!, and many other Content Management Systems, enjoy excellent support at GoDaddy. You can install Joomla on your GoDaddy-hosted sites as a Value Added Application, which is a very simple process.
Tech Support Options
GoDaddy, being a premier web solutions provider, offers a good array of support modes on their website. One is via email, the second through telephone and the third in the form of an extensive FAQ library. Average response time for email queries is hardly a few hours which, for a company of GoDaddy’s size, is an achievement. Telephone is way quicker and more responsive as expected if you’re query needs to be solved right away.
GoDaddy is one of the world’s biggest providers of registry and hosting services. Their hosting plans are very broad and their price seems competitive. GoDaddy is well equiped to host most types of website including Joomla but to they host joomla well? Not the best read the editor review for full details.
Visit http://www.godaddy.com for more details.
Create an attractive Joomla image slider with cool 3D slice effects
Allows you to easily create an image slider for Joomla
Fashionable flash + image Joomla slideshow
Show Joomla images in 3D Flash Slide-show
Famous and nice counter module for Joomla
It shows current local time in cities and countries
Bộ gõ tiếng Việt AVIM cho Website Joomla
Tạo bí danh, đường link Joomla bằng tiếng Việt không dấu
Recent Joomla Posts
- D4J Joomla Facebook Photo Stream
- Blue Business a Free Joomla Responsive Template
- Joom Portfolios it’s a Free Joomla Responsive Template
- How to Upgrade your Joomla site with JUpgradePRO from 1.5.x to 2.5.x or 3.0
- How to build a responsive Joomla! Template 3.0 with Twitter Bootstrap Framework
- How to setup SSL for Joomla 2.5 and 3.0
- How to migrate Joomfish content (j1.5) to 2.5?
- Optimize Your Joomla Site To Boost Performance
- How to make a dynamic – Search Engine Marketing website yourself
- Template BJ Venus for Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.6/2.5