Once you have your Joomla site up and running, you should consider optimizing it to streamline the experience to your end users. If you don’t optimize your website, the load times could be slow, resulting in a poor customer experience. There are several ways that you can optimize your Joomla site.
Second, you can add components into your Joomla site that give you more granular control into what you cache. Instead of caching an entire page, you can cache specific images, media or a gallery. By doing this, your visitor’s browser response time is sure to decrease.
Finally, you should consider integrating a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to store and serve some of the media for your Joomla site. Use a component to such as CDN for Joomla to push all your media to our Cloud Files offering. When you do this, you take advantage of the geographically dispersed servers in the CDN to quickly push the files to the end user, which will result in a much better experience.
It’s a good idea to cache images, especially those that are used repeatedly on the site. However, there are many types of files that benefit the site if they are cached properly. Some files change rarely and other change more often, so it’s important to cache them for different lengths of time. However, for the cache to be useful, it must be at least two hours. Here are some common suggestions:
- 4 Hours: HTML files
- 2 Days: XML and TXT files
- 1 Year: ICO, PDF, FLV, JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, JS, CSS and SWF files
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Create an attractive Joomla image slider with cool 3D slice effects
Allows you to easily create an image slider for Joomla
Fashionable flash + image Joomla slideshow
Show Joomla images in 3D Flash Slide-show
Famous and nice counter module for Joomla
It shows current local time in cities and countries
Bộ gõ tiếng Việt AVIM cho Website Joomla
Tạo bí danh, đường link Joomla bằng tiếng Việt không dấu
Recent Joomla Posts
- What recommended WIDTHs for joomla responsive templates
- Template BJ Metis for Joomla 2.5
- D4J Joomla Facebook Photo Stream
- Blue Business a Free Joomla Responsive Template
- Joom Portfolios it’s a Free Joomla Responsive Template
- How to Upgrade your Joomla site with JUpgradePRO from 1.5.x to 2.5.x or 3.0
- How to build a responsive Joomla! Template 3.0 with Twitter Bootstrap Framework
- How to setup SSL for Joomla 2.5 and 3.0
- How to migrate Joomfish content (j1.5) to 2.5?
- Optimize Your Joomla Site To Boost Performance