- What is great about Joomla 3? Mobile. Joomla 3 will be the first major Content Management System to be completely mobile-ready.
- Who is Joomla 3 for? Early adopters. Initially, Joomla 3 is best used by early adopters, developers and more experienced users.
- I am on Joomla 2.5. What do I do? Stay where you are. Joomla 2.5 a wonderful version of Joomla and will be supported until 2014.
In this blog post, we’re going to expand a little on the third point:
Joomla 2.5 is the recommended version for most existing sites and will remain so for another year.
We Recommend Joomla 2.5 for Existing Sites
Joomla 2.5 is the Long Term Support (LTS) version of Joomla. That means that it has already undergone many months of real-world testing. Joomla 2.5 is stable, tested and reliable. Joomla 2.5 is the version being used by Joomla.org.
Joomla 2.5 is the right choice for existing sites.
We Recommend Updating from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.5
For most people, we recommend that you update from Joomla 2.5 only when Joomla 3.5 is released around September next year.
Below is our graphic with our recommendations for updates. As you can see, with Joomla 3 there are several Short Term Support (STS) releases before the final version 3.5 is released and is recommended for everyone.
How to Update from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.5
Joomla 2.5 has a one-click update feature. This allows you to update Joomla quickly and easily.
This one-click update feature is how most people will update from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.5.
You can find the options for this feature by logging into a Joomla 2.5 site and going to Components > Joomla! Update > Options. I’ve included a screenshot of the Options area below:
You can see that, by default, the one-click update feature is set up to update you from your current Long Term Support version ( Joomla 2.5 ) to the next Long Term Support version ( Joomla 3.5 ) . This means that you won’t be prompted to move from Joomla 2.5 until next year when Joomla 3 has also undergone substantial real-world testing.
If you are an early adopter, developer or more experienced user, then we think you’ll love Joomla 3 right now.
Next year, after more real-world testing, we think everyone will love Joomla 3. At that time, Joomla 3.5 will be available as a one-click update option from your administrator area.
Joomla 2.5 is currently the recommended version for existing sites and will remain so until the release of 3.5.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Create an attractive Joomla image slider with cool 3D slice effects
Allows you to easily create an image slider for Joomla
Fashionable flash + image Joomla slideshow
Show Joomla images in 3D Flash Slide-show
Famous and nice counter module for Joomla
It shows current local time in cities and countries
Bộ gõ tiếng Việt AVIM cho Website Joomla
Tạo bí danh, đường link Joomla bằng tiếng Việt không dấu
Recent Joomla Posts
- How to display Facebook Album in Your Joomla contents
- What recommended WIDTHs for joomla responsive templates
- Template BJ Metis for Joomla 2.5
- D4J Joomla Facebook Photo Stream
- Blue Business a Free Joomla Responsive Template
- Joom Portfolios it’s a Free Joomla Responsive Template
- How to Upgrade your Joomla site with JUpgradePRO from 1.5.x to 2.5.x or 3.0
- How to build a responsive Joomla! Template 3.0 with Twitter Bootstrap Framework
- How to setup SSL for Joomla 2.5 and 3.0
- How to migrate Joomfish content (j1.5) to 2.5?