The Joomla Project is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla 2.5.3. This is a security release. The Production Leadership Team’s goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community. Learn more about Joomla! developement at the Developer Site.
The update process is very simple, and complete instructions are available here. Note that there are now easier and better ways of updating than FTPing the files.
- New Installations: Click here to download Joomla 2.5.3 (Full package) »
- Update Package: Click here to download Joomla 2.5.3 (Update package) »
Note: Please read the update instructions before updating.
Please note that you should always backup your site before upgrading.
Check the Joomla 2.5.3 Post-Release FAQs to see if there are important items and helpful hints discovered after the release.
Statistics for the 2.5.3 release
- Joomla 2.5.3 contains: 2 security issues fixed
Security Issues Fixed
- High Priority – Core – Privilege Escalation. More information »
- High Priority – Core – Password Change. More information »
Joomla! Bug Squad
Thanks to the Joomla Bug Squad for their dedicated efforts investigating reports, fixing problems, and applying patches to Joomla. If you find a bug in Joomla, please report it on the Joomla! CMS Issue Tracker.
Active members of the Joomla Bug Squad during this last release cycle include: A Firoozmandan, Akarawuth Tamrareang, Alain Rivest, Andrea Tarr, Andrew Eddie, Bill Richardson, Brian Teeman, Chris Davenport, Christophe Demko, Denise McLaurin, Dennis Hermacki, Elin Waring, Emerson Rocha Luiz, Francisco Marzoa, Ian MacLennan, Jacob Waisner, Jacques Rentzke, James Brice, Janich Rasmussen, Jean-Marie Simonet, Jennifer Marriott, Jeremy Wilken, Kevin Griffiths, Loyd Headrick, Mark Dexter, Matt Thomas, Michael Babker, Mutuga Kigumi, Neil McNulty, Nikolai Plath, Ofer Cohen, Prasit Gebsaap, Rachmat Wakjaer, Rob Clayburn, Roland Dalmulder, Rouven Weßling, Rune Sjøen, Samuel Moffatt, Shaun Maunder, Sudhi Seshachala, Tim Plummer, Tom Fuller, Troy Hall, Viet Hoang Vu.
Bug Squad Leadership: Mark Dexter Coordinator; Elin Waring and Marijke Stuivenberg, Team Leaders.
Joomla! Security Strike Team
A big thanks to the Joomla! Security Strike Team for their ongoing work to keep Joomla secure. Members include: Airton Torres, Alan Langford, Bill Richardson, Elin Waring, Jason Kendall, Marijke Stuivenberg, Mark Dexter, Michael Babker, Rouven Weßling, Samuel Moffatt.
Create an attractive Joomla image slider with cool 3D slice effects
Allows you to easily create an image slider for Joomla
Fashionable flash + image Joomla slideshow
Show Joomla images in 3D Flash Slide-show
Famous and nice counter module for Joomla
It shows current local time in cities and countries
Bộ gõ tiếng Việt AVIM cho Website Joomla
Tạo bí danh, đường link Joomla bằng tiếng Việt không dấu
Recent Joomla Posts
- D4J Joomla Facebook Photo Stream
- Blue Business a Free Joomla Responsive Template
- Joom Portfolios it’s a Free Joomla Responsive Template
- How to Upgrade your Joomla site with JUpgradePRO from 1.5.x to 2.5.x or 3.0
- How to build a responsive Joomla! Template 3.0 with Twitter Bootstrap Framework
- How to setup SSL for Joomla 2.5 and 3.0
- How to migrate Joomfish content (j1.5) to 2.5?
- Optimize Your Joomla Site To Boost Performance
- How to make a dynamic – Search Engine Marketing website yourself
- Template BJ Venus for Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.6/2.5