If you have experienced problems using the Extension Manager Update with prior versions of 1.6, we recommend that you install the 1.6.5 update package by unpacking the archive file. At that point, you will have the fix installed and you can then use the Extension Manager Update for future updates, including 1.7.0. As always, we recommend that you have a current backup of your site before doing any update.
Please note that, starting with this release, we are providing two update packages only. One is for the most recent release (in this case, 1.6.4 to 1.6.5). The other is for the oldest release (in this case, 1.6.0 to 1.6.5). If you are running version 1.6.4, use the 1.6.4 to 1.6.5 update. If you are running any older 1.6 version (1.6.1, 1.6.2, or 1.6.3), simply use the 1.6.0 to 1.6.5 update package. This will work for any of these versions. It may copy some files that don’t need to be copied, but this doesn’t hurt anything and ensures that all of your Joomla files are current. We hope this will simplify the update process.
The Production Leadership Team’s goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community. Learn more about Joomla! developement at the Developer Site.
- Click here to download Joomla 1.6.5 (Full package) »
- Click here to download Joomla 1.6.5 (Upgrade packages) »
- New installation and technical requirements
- Upgrade from an existing Joomla 1.6 version
- Migration from Joomla! 1.5.x
Please note that you should always backup your site before upgrading.
Check the Joomla 1.6.5 Post-Release FAQs to see if there are important items and helpful hints discovered after the release.
Joomla! Bug Squad
Thanks to the Joomla Bug Squad for their dedicated efforts investigating reports, fixing problems, and applying patches to Joomla. If you find a bug in Joomla, please report it on the Joomla! CMS Issue Tracker.
Active members of the Joomla Bug Squad during this last release cycle include: A Firoozmandan, Akarawuth Tamrareang, Amy Stephen, Andrea Tarr, Andrew Eddie, Bill Richardson, Brian Teeman, Christophe Demko, Cristina Solana, Dennis Hermacki, Elin Waring, Ian Galpin, Jacob Waisner, Jean-Marie Simonet, Marius van Rijnsoever, Mark Dexter, Matt Thomas, Michael Babker, Miha Trtnik, Nicholas Dionysopoulos, Nikolai Plath, Ole Bang Ottosen, Ronald Pijpers, Rouven Weßling, Rune Sjøen, Samuel Moffatt, Tim Plummer, Tom Fuller, Viet Hoang Vu.
Bug Squad Leadership: Andrew Eddie and Mark Dexter Coordinators; Bill Richardson, Elin Waring, Marijke Stuivenberg, Matt Thomas, and Omar Ramos, Team Leaders.
Joomla! Security Strike Team
A big thanks to the Joomla! Security Strike Team for their ongoing work to keep Joomla secure. Members include: Airton Torres, Alan Langford, Andrew Eddie, Bill Richardson, Elin Waring, Jason Kendall, Louis Landry, Marijke Stuivenberg, Mark Dexter, Omar Ramos, Rouven Weßling, Samuel Moffatt.
Create an attractive Joomla image slider with cool 3D slice effects
Allows you to easily create an image slider for Joomla
Fashionable flash + image Joomla slideshow
Show Joomla images in 3D Flash Slide-show
Famous and nice counter module for Joomla
It shows current local time in cities and countries
Bộ gõ tiếng Việt AVIM cho Website Joomla
Tạo bí danh, đường link Joomla bằng tiếng Việt không dấu
Recent Joomla Posts
- D4J Joomla Facebook Photo Stream
- Blue Business a Free Joomla Responsive Template
- Joom Portfolios it’s a Free Joomla Responsive Template
- How to Upgrade your Joomla site with JUpgradePRO from 1.5.x to 2.5.x or 3.0
- How to build a responsive Joomla! Template 3.0 with Twitter Bootstrap Framework
- How to setup SSL for Joomla 2.5 and 3.0
- How to migrate Joomfish content (j1.5) to 2.5?
- Optimize Your Joomla Site To Boost Performance
- How to make a dynamic – Search Engine Marketing website yourself
- Template BJ Venus for Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.6/2.5